It's been a long time since I wrote down anything about Nels. After Posterous went away, I failed to move this blog over into another place, and also got quite busy with work and moving and mommying. I'm sorry, Nels.
In the past few months, life has changed so much for you. We moved you so far away from the comforts of your school, Phoebe Hearst, your friends and familiar home. Not to mention, your dog. It's been emotionally hard on us too, but I know it's going to be the adventure of a lifetime. It's already been so eye opening !
- You like to say "How about ..." before telling us something.
- "That's yucky"
- "Mama has to 'bixt it'"
- "I want to HELP Mama"
- You're generally good with the "please" and "thank you" routine ...
- "I just don't like it"
- "Funny Bunny on a Train", with a squishy face, that you learned from Bobopa
- You love to help me in the kitchen. Your favorite thing to make are eggs.
- We went to the market today, in Basel, and picked fresh English peas. Tonight at dinner you helped me shell them.
- You definitely know how to count to ten ! And you are trying hard to learn and sing your ABCs
- You enjoy taking a tubby
- You also enjoy running away from us, very fast. And often.
- You are impossible to get dressed. You like to squirm and roll around and this makes Mama and Papa really pissed.
- You are still obsessed with trains (choo choos) and your favorite is still Thomas. You have a 5 page Thomas the Train board book that you must have read to you every night before bed. Papa and I have this memorized.
- You still love and covet your Snuffy, who gets lost on a daily basis.
- Yellow cars
- Anything with a scoop
- You're generally a good eater. You love carbs ... bread and pasta, with butter.
- Ice Cream and Cupcakes are your desserts of choice
- Garbanzo beans, although you hate hummus.
- Grilled Cheese
- Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich ! This you had for the first time today
- Beans and rice (thank you, Maria)
- Scrambled eggs
- Oatmeal ... this is your #1 go-to breakfast
- Strawberries, pears, bananas, apples
- Pouches, especially Apple Sauce
- Trains, especially the tram that runs in town.